Saturday, March 16, 2013

Being a God Listener

Being a God Listener 


      I would like to be  a great God listener! The truth is most of the time I am not. It's not the same as listening to your children, your spouse, or your friends. When they are speaking and your are practicing good listening skills.How in the world do you have this two way sort of communication with God? You can't see Him. You can't  physically feel Him. You can't "literally" hear Him. So how do you even know He is there either talking to you.. or listening to you for that matter? How are you supposed to know when you should be LISTENING to what He is saying?     

    My friends.. If I had the one and only magic answer to that .. we would all have most happy relationships and would live mostly perfect lives. BUT I do not.. and I will not.   However let me share  a tiny experience that often gets overlooked to demonstrate that GOD IS TALKING TO YOU ALL OF THE TIME! Therefore YOU SHOULD BE LISTENING ALL OF THE TIME! Don't worry.. it's not that hard! Really I promise! Ladies,  If you can listen to your multiple children all at once.. you got this covered! Men.. if you can handle 2 minutes with your wife in a conversation about dish towels.. yup, you got this!  

 1 THESSALONIANS 5:17                PRAY WITHOUT CEASING 

No, I'm not suggesting you run around "doing" life with hour head bent and your hands neatly clasped. I am saying when you hit a bump in the road.. speak to your Heavenly Father about it for  a second. Share with him your frustration, and ask for his guidance. Remember HE IS ALWAYS LISTENING. At that very moment, you have said a prayer my friend, you have opened up the lines, and asked for intercession. 


MATHEW 21:22  AND WHATEVER YOU ASK IN PRAYER YOU WILL RECEIVE IF YOU HAVE FAITH
(pause for a brief clause) It must be within God's will, certainly if you are praying outside of His will, you will be hard pressed to get what you want. More on that topic at a later time. For now suffice to say be reasonable.. we ask that of our children right? 
 If you are praying continually your heart will benefit greatly in many ways.. but YOU MUST BE A GOD LISTENER, in order to move in the direction of God's Will! Sometimes this happens on accident.. and sometimes it needs to be intentional.

   How can you be  a God LISTENER? Not a one answer question. But I will share one way I do this, and what the effects can be. Yesterday I was praying , in an unusually quiet time for me about some internal struggles I was having and asking God to forgive me. I wasn't asking God to give me a miracle, or to magically change me or my life. I was simply asking for His Unconditional love to cast out the crud in my own heart! In the stillness of that moment I felt my heart go PITTER PATTER, PITTER PATTER, .. I felt  my cheeks flush and an inspiration moved on my heart as an analogy played out in my mind. You will have to read my blog yesterday to see what it was. But just like that! I had the most beautiful picture of what was going on inside of myself and what it takes to fix it, in order to stay close to my Lord and Savior. I was so moved that I started a journal/ blog and shared it with my friends and family. I felt renewed, and restored! Later yesterday afternoon as the ladies from our church were gathering it was put out to me that we didn't have a devotional to share. (Which wasn't the end of life btw) but I felt my heart do it again PITTER PATTER, PITTER PATTER.. and I knew.. God was speaking to me again! I decided to share my testimony of that morning with all of the ladies, and we had a beautiful time of fellowship discussing just what God had laid onto my heart .. all because I said " Help me Lord.. and I chose to Listen when He was Speaking to me)    PLEASE DON'T EVER IGNORE THE PITTER PATTER OF YOUR HEART WHEN YOU HAVE SPOKEN TO GOD.. HE IS SWEETLY ANSWERING YOU.. BE A GOD LISTENER TODAY! YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT HE HAS PLANNED FOR THE MESSAGE HE GIVES YOU!  

 YOU WILL SEE MIRACLES IN YOUR LIFE, IF YOU CAN PUT THIS INTO PRACTICE! I PROMISE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment