What is is about Facebook that it spawns such heated debates over political topics? My thought.. it's an un-intimidating platform. You can "stand up" for what you believe in while simultaneously hiding behind a rock. I fell victim to this ridiculous false stance. To make matters worse we take aim at the people closest to us.. easier targets I guess. Often this means family, friends, or any other loved ones. Let me tell you how easy it is to fall prey. I am not one to jump into a heated debate, I don't like them, and will only do so when I feel it is "JUSTIFIED" ok.. so what's the definition right? It's totally ... ready for it.. debatable .. ok.. made my point. If you are offended by another person's political or religious stance on Facebook.. remember, it's easy when they are hiding behind a rock.. and for that matter if you engage.. you are doing the same. Guilty party here. If you truly disagree with a strong topic.. Facebook is not where you wage the war.. or win any battles for that matter. However seek out what is in your community and take action on a local level. Remember that real people make a real difference everyday. I am going to use Facebook as an avenue to encourage and speak life into people. I have mostly done this already.. but my weakness to want to be "justified" in taking my "Facebook Stance" is going to be shut down. It serves nothing .. literally nothing. Furthermore, let me give the Biblical explanation for those of you who would argue that standing up for your Faith in God, or your Christian beliefs is more than a righteous cause to "speak up" .. know when to stop.
"Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces" (Matthew 7:6).
No comments:
Post a Comment